Tuesday, July 6, 2010

From the beginning........


On 9/2/2009 we got the biggest surprise of our lives. We had just gotten used to the idea that I was pregnant and we had a baby on the way. Little did we know we were about to find out we had two babies coming. I found out I was pregnant July 5th, 2009. I never felt sick and I did not really have any of the classic pregnancy symptoms. I felt great! I had a few friends pregnant at the same time as me and we would play around with the Chinese gender calenders. The calendars were consistent with the genders that they would have but mine varied from site to site. Everyone joked that I was probably carrying twins. Chad and I would laugh when I would read our pregnancy books because there were times when it talked about if you were pregnant with multiples. I don't know what it was but we thought the word multiples sounded funny. Twelve weeks later we had our first ultrasound. I forgot to mention that one week prior to the ultrasound the doctor only heard one heartbeat. When I asked the doctor if we could rule out the possibility of twins, he said "You're not having twins!" " You would be feeling really sick and having a lot more hormonal issues." When we left that appointment I was convinced that he was right and we would only be having one baby. When we arrived on 9/2/09 for the ultrasound I was feeling elated and excited to see our little baby on the screen. As soon (and I mean as soon) as the ultrasound technician put the machine on my stomach she said, " How about two babies!" Chad and I looked at each other and then up at the screen and we could see both babies with their hands in the air. The ultrasound tech thought they were waving at us! I think we were both in shock at the fact that what was once a joke was now a reality. As I can recall Chad actually had to take a breather and leave the room for a few minutes. After all this was a huge shock to us. We were now looking at double everything!
We called everyone we knew and everyone thought we were joking. They slowly started to realize from the tones in our voices that this was no joke. After the initial shock wore off we were excited that I would be carrying two little Loughry's. I was a little worried that they would be really premature and have to stay in the hospital for a while but I followed the instructions that were given and they grew just fine.
We had an ultrasound in October and found out that we were having two baby boys! Chad stood up and said, "Yes" after she announced that baby B was a boy and then after she announced that baby A was also a boy, he was overjoyed with joy! So, was I! I have always wanted a boy/boys so we were very happy with the gender results.
Months of being pregnant went by and since I am starting this a little late, I will move on to the birth!

No comments:

Post a Comment