Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Birth
















On 2/9/2010 our little boys decided to make their grand entrance into this world! Connor and Carter were born at 1:57pm and 1:58pm. I had to have a Cesarean because Carter was breached. To be honest, I am very happy that I did. I could not imagine giving birth the other way. My whole experience at Akron City was wonderful! I cannot say enough good things about the way my surgery went, the recovery, the doctors and the special care nursery. I may actually do this whole thing again someday. :)
My friend Aliesha pointed out that I found out I was having twins on 9/2 and I had them on 2/9. I think that is so weird how that happened.
Connor came out weighing 4lbs 14oz and Carter 4lbs 9oz. I was able to sneak a peak at them before they were rushed into another room. While I was in recovery they brought Connor in to see me but Carter needed a little time so he was in the nursery resting. I did not get to see them both until later that evening. I cannot express in words the emotions that I felt when I got to see my boys for the first time. It is an unimaginable feeling. We were very fortunate that our boys did not need any major special attention. They were in the special care nursery for five days and then the four of us were released to go home! We went home on Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment